Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Tips and Tidbits-Cleaning Tip for the Car

Tip of the Week: original post on 1-15-2010

If you are like me...a busy mom...trying to work or run a business...what is the first thing to take a back seat??? YOUR CAR!!! And like most people, I do not have the time or money to go the cleaners for a complete wash and detail overhaul on my 8 passenger minivan. The last detailing I got cost me over $100 and I waited for nearly 2 hours...won't be doing that again. After some research, I found that a lot of auto cleaning kits or bottled products were expensive! You gotta have a cleaner for tires, leather, wax, glass cleaner...no way!

I found a great site that shows you how make your own auto cleaners for a low cost and they are effective...and not full of chemicals you can't pronounce. Below are a few recipes I can't wait to try...

Windshield Cleaner

Club soda

Spray on the windshield and wipe dry. Not recommended for use in the vehicle's windshield-spray reservoir because it could freeze.

Leather Wash

¼ cup vodka
¼ cup distilled vinegar
3-4 drops of jojoba or olive oil

Combine all ingredients in container. Shake to blend. Pour mixture onto a soft rag and rub into leather. Do not rinse.

Click here for more cleaning tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails