Friday, January 29, 2010

Blog Swapp'n Fun!

Hey folks! Swapp'n blogs with Punkin Seed today...I'll be doing a fun tutorial for bath salts so head on over there to get the scoop! Check out a great post from the great Kristi Flanagan!! You go girl!

I am very excited to be blog swapping today with Ginger! Thanks Ginger for letting me take over your blog today! Let me start by introducing myself. I'm Kristi with Punkin Seed Productions.
I'm a schizophrenic crafter that can't just focus on one craft - I WANT TO DO THEM ALL!!!! I'm also a homeschool mom of three fun kiddos who keep me busy doing "creative" things like dissecting cow eyes! Yep, I've had to expand my horizons for sure! So feel free to come on over to Punkin Seed Productions and say "hi". I'd love to get to know you all and share some really fun craft ideas!

I wanted to encourage all you "new" crafters. You don't always have to come up with a totally, new, brilliant idea. What about "tweaking" an already super idea? That is one of the fun things about blogging. There are so many creative people out there. I love to see an idea and then expand on it..... and..... that is what I'm doing today!

I know you have all probably seen the popular scrabble tile necklaces out there. You might have even seen the scrabble tile ring that Fonda from Fireflies and Jellybeans did when she was a sweetie and blog swapped with me! Well, let's take that original scrabble tile necklace idea and expand on it! There are already a lot of great tutorials out there on how to cover and glaze the scrabble tile. Here is the link to my site where Fonda did a tutorial on that.

Ok - now let's just take this idea a little further. The original idea was to cover the tile with pretty or fun paper, put a paper glaze on it, glue a bale to the back, add a chain, and poof - you have a stinkin cute necklace! So let's just see how we can change this up a bit:

Take 3 coordinating tiles that you have covered and glazed. Let's connect them together in different ways and see what we come up with:

Add bales (just don't bend the ones you use between the tiles) and connect with E6000 glue:




Or, let's add a rusty ole star and connect with E6000 glue:


Or, let's add a couple of fun scrapbooking paperclips and connect with, you guessed it, E6000 glue:



How about adding them to a barrette?



A little note on this glue:


It's the bomb for keeping things together but be careful with the tube. It's made out of metal and if you squeeze or twist it too much, it breaks and looks like this:




See, wasn't that easy? No rocket science here, just creating, tweaking and little gluing of the fingers!

Thanks again, Ginger, for letting me "steal" your blog today. Head on over to my blog, Punkin Seed Productions, and check out Ginger's tutorial on bath salts!

4 comments:

  1. What a good idea! I have a bottle of that glue at home. Now all I need are the tiles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Following your blog and love it
    http://dealwisemommmy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thanks for posting this, my mind is whirling with new ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool idea for those tiles sis. I had to laugh when I saw that glue because mine looks just like the exploded tube. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails