Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Tip of the Week-Decor Tip

Decor Tip of the Week: original post on 1-6-2010

Awesome Twist on an old favorite...the basket of sea shells!


I remember small baskets of sea shells in my grandmothers home since forever. But that old favorite seemed doomed. And I have fond memories of seaside trips! Those good times seemed only to be remembered through old vacation photos that are now all but lost.

On my last trip to the shore (which was my honeymoon in Cozumel, Mexico)I wanted more than just photos and street side knick-knacks to remember my experience with my new husband.

And with a beautiful beach full of treasures, it wasn't hard. I had fun shopping the shore finding unique shells, corals, and stones. But no old baskets for me...a great way to display shells is in a clear, uniquely-shaped glass vase to highlight all the detailed pieces.



Not into shells?? Try a vase of dried fruit, nuts or coffee beans. Or perhaps glass beads, stones, or marbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails