Monday, March 29, 2010

Cute Baby Toys Tutorial!

Hi all,

I have really been getting into sewing lately and even though I still have no sewing machine...I've been tearing it up with some sewing fun...HAND sewing that is!

Here are a few of my first handy-works...not too shabby if I do say so myself.



The yellow and denim toys are show cased on SSB's Mad Skills Monday! Head over to check it out and participate! Its gonna be fun!

Here's how to make the larger loopy ball...lots of fun for you to make and baby to play with!

Here's what you need:


material (I also used some scrap felt), scissors, needle, thread, and lots of ribbon!



Cut out a pattern in the shape of a football and cut your desired fabric. You'll need 6 sides.



Pin your pieces, wrong sides together, with the ribbon in place (in between your fabric). Keep the ends of your ribbon on the outside so it will loop when turned right side out. Stitch together.



Finished stitching all the way around, turn right side out and stuff! Stitch up your hole and you're all done! Ready for playtime!



See my tutorial for a loopy blankie here!! Don't wanna make it? Contact me for a custom order!

Photobucket


I'm linking:



Photobucket


The Girl Creative

2 comments:

  1. Ginger, that is so cute! I'm going to be making one for the next baby that comes along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All by hand? Amazing! Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails